Father’s Day is coming up, and while we love our dads (or the special man/men in your life if you don’t have a dad) more than anything, buying for them can be a challenge.
Undoubtedly, there exists something called “the dad code.” We don’t quite know what it is, but we can identify it when we see it - dads unnaturally love the free mint bowl at restaurants, they always grunt when they sit down, and they consistently tell us they’d rather not get any gifts.
Granted, we love our dads and our father figures. We’re always hoping to make them proud and to honor them, and that’s exactly why Father’s Day exists. We want to make our dads (or the special man/men in our lives) happy.
Even though we at NOGU haven’t cracked the dad code just yet, we’ve got some stellar Father’s Day recommendations. For the minimalist dads to the edgy dads, we have gift ideas that are guaranteed to put a smile on their face.
Gift Ideas for Minimalist Dads
For the dads that:
- Say less is more (or big things come in small packages)
- Refuse to get rid of the same set of shirts they’ve had for decades
- Prefer simpler, more meaningful gifts
- Like things to be “just so”
Here’s what you can get them:
Gift Ideas for Classic Dads
For the dads who:
- Enjoy routine and structure rather than surprises
- Might be one of the last to adopt new norms and trends
- Prefer paying with cash instead of card
- Says “working hard or hardly working” at least twice every week
Here’s some possible gifts:
Gift Ideas for Edgy Dads
Your dad is edgy if they:
- Make way too many dad jokes
- Aren’t afraid to stand out from the crowd
- Don’t identify with traditional (and out-dated) norms and roles
- Have a large group of friends (but prioritizes family and close friends)
Here’s some top-notch recommendations:
Gift Ideas for Zen Dads
For the dads that:
- Prefer staying in instead of going out at night
- Make everyone around them feel calm and content
- Practice meditation, yoga, or other chill physical activities
- Are steadfast and dependable
Here’s a couple go-to gifts:
Gift Ideas for Trendsetter Dads
Your dad’s a trendsetter if they:
- Are one of the first to try out new technology and trends
- Order something new every time you go to a restaurant with them
- Constantly tell you about product ideas they've thought of (most of which aren’t half-bad, if you’re being honest)
- Would rather make their own trail instead of following everyone else
Here are some gift recommendations:
But truth be told, there are so many dads that don’t quite fall into these categories. Every dad is different and might have hints of more than one category - or none at all.
If this is the case for your dad, feel free to browse some of our adjustable bracelets below. As you browse, keep in mind that every product we have is unisex (our adjustable bracelets are optimal to assure a good fit). After all, jewelry isn’t gender-specific; jewelry has the potential to make anyone and everyone feel good in their skin. And that’s what NOGU is here for.